How to transfer a file from PC to Android using Wi-Fi
- Download Droid Transfer on your PC and Transfer Companion on your Android device as below.
- Connect your phone and your PC over a Wifi or a USB connection.
- Open the "Files" tab from the feature list.
- Choose a location in the directory (e.g. 'sdcard').
- Click "Add File".
- Select the file you would like to add from your computer to your phone, and click "Open"!
Wireless copying of files from Android to PC
Backing up your Android files to your computer is easy. Simply select files and/or folders from the directory in the "Files" tab, and click "Copy to PC". Choose a save location on the computer, and confirm the save!
To save multiple files from your phone to your PC at once, hold down the SHIFT key and use your mouse to choose the files you wish to copy. If you wish to copy all your files from your Android phone to your PC, use the usual CTRL+A keyboard option to select all files and folders, and click on "Copy to PC" in Droid Transfer.
Share files and folders from PC to Android using Wi-Fi
Droid Transfer also allows you to add files and folders from your computer to your Android device. To copy a whole folder from your PC to your Android device, simply click on "Add folder" button in Droid Transfer and select a folder on your PC that you wish to copy to your phone.
You can also copy a single file from your PC to your Android. To do this, select a location in the Android directory in Droid Transfer, then click "Add File". Choose the file that you would like to copy to your Android device, and confirm the copy!
Manage and delete Android files from your PC
In addition to sharing files between PC and Android, Droid Transfer also allows you to manage and delete files on your Android device. Please be advised that some Android system folders do not allow any editing.
- Navigate through the directory by double-clicking folders to view their contents.
- Create new folders.
- Delete folders and files.