To copy content from your Android Device to your PC you need to install Droid Transfer onto your PC and Transfer Companion on your Android Device.
Transfer Companion (on your phone) and Droid Transfer (on your PC) communicate with each other over your local WiFi network so that your phone content can be copied over to your PC.
Download Transfer Companion to your Android Device.
Download Transfer Companion to your Android device from the Google Play Store.
Download Droid Transfer to your PC.
On your Windows PC, go to this address to download Droid Transfer...
Run Droid Transfer on your PC
- Make sure your PC is connected to your local network with either WiFi or Ethernet cable.
This must be the same local network as your Android device is going to connect to with WiFi.
- Install and run Droid Transfer on your PC.
- Once Droid Transfer finds your WiFi network - the connect window will show a QR code...
Run Transfer Companion on your Android Device
- Connect your Android device to the same network as your PC through WiFi.
- Run Transfer Companion on your Android Device.
- Tap the button, "SCAN DROID TRANSFER APP QR CODE"
- Transfer Companion is now showing a QR scanner...
Connect Droid Transfer to Transfer Companion
Use the QR scanner in Transfer Companion to scan the QR code displayed in Droid Transfer running on your PC.
Tips to Stay Connected
To keep the communications running effectively between your PC and your Android device, keep your Android Device turned on and keep the Transfer Companion App runnning in the foreground - don't swap to another app.
See it in Action!
A quick video showing you how to set up Droid Transfer and copy text messages to your PC...
If you need more help connecting your Android device to Droid Transfer - please contact our support team who will be happy to help.