How to setup a second iTunes library on the same computer and copy my iPod music to it.
To create a second iTunes library and copy your iPod music to it, follow these steps...
Download TouchCopy here
- Launch iTunes whilst holding down the "Shift" key.
- Choose to "Create Library".
- Download, install and launch TouchCopy.
- Connect your iPod to your computer via the USB cable.
- In TouchCopy, click "Backup" and then select to "Backup iPod content into iTunes".
If you have multiple iPods or iPhones in your household and wish to have each device synced with its own iTunes library, here is an easy way to create a second iTunes library on the same computer.
- Open iTunes on your computer while holding down the "Shift" key.
- Select "Create Library" from the pop-up menu box that appears.
- Create a name for the new library and click "Save." iTunes will open the newly created library.
- You can then copy your iPod or iPhone music straight to your new iTunes library using TouchCopy, as detailed in the TouchCopy User Guide.
- Alternatively, copy your iPod music to your hard drive and populate your new iTunes library from there by clicking on File and choosing "Add folder to Library" in iTunes.
Wide Angle Software