How to remove encryption from an iTunes iOS Backup.
To remove the encryption from an iTunes iOS backup, follow these steps...
- Launch iTunes.
- Connect your device to your computer via the USB cable.
- Select your device in iTunes and ensure the Summary tab is selected.
- Uncheck the "Encrypt Local Backup" option.
iBackup Extractor is able to read most content in an encrypted iTunes backup of an iOS device. However, some elements may still be unreadable if the content is encrypted.
To remove the encryption from an iTunes backup:
- Connect the iOS device to your computer using a USB cable.
- Start iTunes.
- Select the device from the list in iTunes and ensure the Summary tab is selected.
- Under the "Backups" header, uncheck the 'Encrypt Local Backup' Option.
- You'll need to enter the original password which you set to confirm.
Wide Angle Software