TouchCopy is not displaying my iPhone messages, Contacts, Calendars or Notes
To display your iPhone messages, follow these steps...
- Ensure you're using the latest TouchCopy version. You can check if your TouchCopy software is up to date here.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer via the USB cable.
- In TouchCopy, click on the "Messages" tab.
- Select the conversations you wish to save to your computer and click "Copy" in TouchCopy.
If TouchCopy is not displaying your iPhone messages, notes and calendars...
If you followed the steps above and your messages are still not displayed or TouchCopy indicates that your iPhone contains no messages, contacts or calendars, it is possible that TouchCopy is attempting to read a corrupted backup of your iPhone data. The solution of this is to delete any iTunes backups made of your device and then try again.
First, please ensure your iTunes preferences are correctly set
- Open iTunes.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer
- Make sure that the "Automatically sync when this iPhone is connected" option is not checked.
- Ensure Encrypt iPhone backup option is not checked, as shown on the screenshot below.
- Click on "Done" in iTunes.
Then, remove your old iTunes backups...
- Select the Edit menu in iTunes and chose -> Preferences
- Click the Device tab
- Choose the Backup you wish to remove and click on Delete Backup, as shown on the screenshot below.
- Repeat the process for any other listed backups of your iPhone.
- Close iTunes.
- Start TouchCopy and try again.