Tune Sweeper Options
This section of the user manual contains information about the preferences window.
You can access the preferences window within Tune Sweeper by selecting 'View' in the main toolbar and then selecting 'Preferences'. The main toolbar is located at the top of the main Tune Sweeper window.
Selecting this will display the 'Tune Sweeper Preferences' window. The preferences window contains two different settings that you can change.
Here are the functions of the different Tune Sweeper options:
- Start up - This setting allows you to set whether Tune Sweeper should automatically search for duplicates when you launch Tune Sweeper.
- Updates - This setting allows you to set whether Tune Sweeper should automatically check online for new updates to Tune Sweeper when it is launched.
- Duplicates - The two settings here are: to exclude iCloud tracks when searching for duplicates; and to keep the files for any tracks removed from iTunes.
- Fix Track Info - Here you have the option to exclude tracks which are only missing track number or track count metadata. This can provide more accurate results, depending on your requirements.
- Not in iTunes (Windows only) - Here you can add folders that are not indexed by Windows that you still wish to be searched. For example, you might have an external drive that isn't Windows indexed but you've got tracks on it that you'd like to find to add to iTunes. Tune Sweeper will not search non-indexed folders unless they are added here.
Note: Any changes to these settings will automatically be saved and applied. Tune Sweeper will remember any changes so that you do not need to keep changing these settings every time you run Tune Sweeper.
Change iTunes library location
Tune Sweeper reads your currently active iTunes library (or Music app on macOS Catalina).
If Tune Sweeper is not finding your iTunes library, you can change which iTunes library is active.
On Mac, you can manually set which music library Tune Sweeper reads from.
To do this, click Tune Sweeper 4 in the menu bar and then click 'iTunes Library Location'. This will allow you to set the location of your library that you wish to use. Please note that this must be the library loaded into iTunes. Selecting a different library could result in data loss.