Tune Sweeper Options
This section of the user manual contains information about the preferences menu.
You can access the preferences window within Tune Sweeper by selecting 'View' > 'Preferences' on PC, or 'Tune Sweeper' > 'Preferences' on Mac in the main toolbar. The main toolbar is located at the top of the main Tune Sweeper window.
Selecting this will display the 'Tune Sweeper Preferences' window. The preferences window contains all the different settings that you can change.
Here are the functions of the different Tune Sweeper options:
- Start up - This setting allows you to set whether Tune Sweeper should automatically search for duplicates when you launch Tune Sweeper.
- Updates - This setting allows you to set whether Tune Sweeper should automatically check online for new updates to Tune Sweeper when it is launched.
- Tick to exclude iCloud tracks when searching for duplicates; and to keep the files for any tracks removed from iTunes.
- When determining which tracks are duplicates, you can ignore any number at the end of the track titles.
- Removal Preference - choose how you would like to manage the removal of duplicate tracks from your iTunes library.
- Fix Track Info - Here you have the option to exclude tracks which are only missing track number or track count metadata. This can provide more accurate results, depending on your requirements.
- Not in iTunes - Here you can add folders that are not indexed by your operating system that you still wish to be searched. For example, you might have an external drive that isn't Windows indexed but you've got tracks on it that you'd like to find to add to iTunes. Tune Sweeper will not search non-indexed folders unless they are added here.
Note: Any changes to these settings will automatically be saved and applied. Tune Sweeper will remember any changes so that you do not need to keep changing these settings every time you run Tune Sweeper.
Change iTunes library location
Tune Sweeper reads your currently active iTunes library (or Music app on macOS Catalina or higher).
If Tune Sweeper is not finding your iTunes library, you can change which iTunes library is active.
You can also manually set which music library Tune Sweeper reads from.
To do this, in the Tune Sweeper toolbar on PC, click File > iTunes Library Location; on Mac, click Tune Sweeper 4 > iTunes Library Location. This will allow you to set the location of your library that you wish to use. Please note that this must be the library loaded into iTunes. Selecting a different library could result in data loss.