Connecting an iPhone with Contact Transfer | Troubleshooting
Average: 3.69 (13 Votes).
Last Updated : | Wide Angle Software
Connecting your iPhone with Contact Transfer is usually as simple as hooking your phone up with your USB cable to your PC. For a guide on how to do this, check out our quick start guide >
However, if Contact Transfer does not detect the iPhone, follow the steps in the guide below...
If you are having troubles establishing a USB connection after connecting with your USB cable, follow the steps below...
- Ensure that you are using the latest version of Contact Transfer on your PC.
- Make sure that you have iTunes installed on the PC. Files in the iTunes package are required in order to connect an iPhone to a PC. Updating iTunes to the latest version should ensure that all required files are present on your computer.
- Ensure that the iPhone remains turned on and unlocked through the duration of using it with Contact Transfer. We recommend remaining on the Home screen of your iPhone and not using other apps during the process.
- When you connect the iPhone to the PC, you may get a prompt on the iPhone itself to Trust your computer. Tap "Trust" to proceed with the connection.
- To make sure that Contact Transfer has the correct permissions to run as expected, please try running it as administrator.
To do this right click on the Contact Transfer icon either on your desktop or in your programs folder. Click 'Properties' and then go to the 'Compatibility' tab. Here, please choose to 'Run this program as an administrator'. Once done press 'Apply' and then 'OK'. Please then re-launch the program and try again.
- If you find that your PC and iTunes do not detect your iPhone, you'll need to check Apple's drivers and services on your PC. Here's what to do:
The steps above will solve the majority of issues your computer could experience when attempting to connect with an iPhone. However, if you are still having troubles, contact our support team with details of your issue and the device you're trying to connect, we'd be happy to help.