Retrieve Voice Mails from an iPhone Backup
To transfer voice mails from your iPhone backup to your computer, follow these steps...
Download iBackup Extractor Now
- Download and Install iBackup Extractor.
- Start up iBackup Extractor by double-clicking the iBackup Extractor icon on your desktop.
- Select a backup from the dropdown menu which you would like to access.
- Click the Voice Mail tab.
- Select the voice mails you would like to save, and click "Copy Voice Mail to PC/Mac"
Save iPhone Voice Mails
iBackup Extractor version 2.10 and higher is able to access voice mails in your iPhone backups.
iBackup Extractor can only display and extract voice mails if your iPhone supports Visual Voice Mails. This service is provided as part of the Visual Voice Mail data plan from your mobile service provider. You can determine if your wireless carrier includes Visual Voice mail as part of their service from here...
Wireless carrier support and features for iPhone
Click the Voice Mail tab in iBackup Extractor to access and display all available voice mails from your device.
Then, slect which voice mails you would like to save to your computer, and hit the Copy button.
Playing your Voice Mails
Voice Mails are saved as AMR files. Such files can only be played with certain software.
If you are using a Mac, you will be able to play your voice mail files with QuickTime Player. However, if you do not have access to this software, or if you are using a Windows PC, you may need to download a free piece of software such as AMR Player, to listen to your saved voice mails.